So, last Saturday night I got to fly home on the Red Eye flight and got back to Chicago early Sunday morning. The point of this trip is to be home for a week and pack all my stuff and get it loaded into the moving trailer. I am using a company called ABF UPack where they leave a trailer and then you pack it and they ship it for you... so I put all my stuff on a truck and hopefully it will show up in Alaska in about 3 weeks.
But first... I had the rest of Memorial Day weekend to enjoy with family :)
Katherine came and picked me up from the airport so I got plenty of play time in with Ben, Abbey and Juliette.
After hanging out with the Sheldons we met up with some of the Acuffs and Mama Kay and Papa for dinner. Mama Kay and Papa were in town because it was a big weekend for the Acuffs. Tim (my oldest nephew) graduated from High School!
Great job Tim! It's hard to believe my baby nephew has grown up so quickly... He's headed to University of Illinois in the fall and majoring in Ag and Bio Engineering. We're all so proud!
On Memorial Day we had an impromptu picnic in the park where we played some frisbee and kickball... I promise we had kids there to play... but I think the adults had just as much fun :) Mama Kay, Papa, Domi and I taking a quick break.
So after an enjoyable long weekend it was time to get to work loading the truck. Here is most of my stuff all packed up and ready for the truck. Mama Kay, Papa, Tim and Domi helped move all the furniture downstairs before the truck arrived.
Here is the truck sitting outside the house. The driver that dropped it off was convinced I'd get in trouble by Naperville but fortunately they didn't have any problems with the trailer! I think the neighbors didn't complain about it because they're too busy celebrating that Libby and I are moving out... haha.
Who knew high school boys were good for something... :) Just kidding... thanks Tim, Andrew and Mike Lang!
Turns out we had to wrap them together to keep them from causing more harm than good... they tried to escape...
Everything is on the truck!
HUGE THANKS to everyone that helped!
I lived in this house for 2.5 years, its been a great time and the longest I've lived in one place since I was in High School. But now, on to the next adventure!
I'll be in Chicago a few more days doing other family fun stuff, that I'm sure I'll post about!
Theresa, I hope your next journey is filled with fun and excitement. We have family friends that live in Anchorage, and they love it. Miss you, and I wish you the best of luck! Love, Em.
ReplyDeletePacking up was a lot of fun.
ReplyDeleteTim graduated from high school! Wow, time flies!
ReplyDelete