Today's Stats:
Miles: something like 2600 for the total trip and 670 today
Est Avg Gas Mileage: 25mpg.
License Plate Count: Mom and Dad saw Nova Scotia
Wildlife Count: 7 species (Black Bear, Dall Sheep, Mountain Goat, Moose, Eagle, Deer and Coyote)
Here is a picture of a set of mountains called the Three Sisters :) This was from the parking lot of the hotel by Banff.
Today's adventure started with the Icefields Parkway which is the road between Lake Louise and Jasper. Since Alison and I left Mom and Dad in Banff, and they haven't driven the parkway yet, I dont want to post certain pictures until they see it in person. Once I know they've been there, I'll re-post those for you, don't worry. This mainly is Bow Summit and Peyto Lake, Columbia Icefield and Athabasca Falls.
But, here are some scenery pictures as we drove.
Here are the wildlife pictures we managed to get.
Eagle (He's a little hard to see because he started flying away)
Dall Sheep.
Mountain Goat.
Deer playing in the river.
Once we got to Jasper we got some lunch and headed West to...
And then we lost the mountains and it kind of looked similar to the first few days of driving... I blame Alison because she was driving at the time!
And then, we got to drive some dirt road... nothing quite like being in the middle of nowhere on a dirt road in Canada. to make you feel somewhat helpless.
Finally we made it to... Dawson Creek, BC and the start of the Alaska Highway. Here's our chariot ready to finish out the journey.
Tomorrow we take off on the Alaska highway!
No comments:
Post a Comment