It is said that the Icefields Parkway is one of the most beautiful drives, and I'd be hard pressed to argue...
http://www.icefieldsparkway.ca/
The main stops Alison and I made while we were driving were Peyto Lake / Bow Summit, Colombia Icefields and Athabasca Falls.
Here is Peyto Lake, it was absolutely gorgeous!
Libby got to go up to see Peyto Lake... she really wanted to go drink the pretty water!
Our next stop was the Colombia Icefield. It was rainy and COLD when we got there, so we didn't stay long, but it was a pretty impressvie glacier, and neat to be able to get so close.
And finally, our last stop was at Athabasca Falls, I've seen a lot of amazing waterfalls throughout my adventures, but every time, it just amazes how powerful, dangerous and necessary water is. If I was a planeteer, I'd want to be water!
Gorgeous, how wonderful to be living in such a beautiful place! Glad Libby is having fun too!
ReplyDelete