So, my summer before the first year of college, I got randomly assigned a freshman year roommate... Jennifer Smith from Stone Mountain, GA... my first thought when I read that letter was "there can be nothing wrong with a Jennifer Smtih from Stone Mountain, GA"... turned out, there was nothing wrong with her and actually she became one of my best friends and has been a constant presence in my life ever since the first day we met moving into our room in Caldwell.
Jenn has continued to be one of my best friends and I can always count on her to bring logic and thought to my chaos and she is very loyal. We were reminiscing stories of Jenn and one of my favorites that came to mind is from our 5th year during finals week. I had an 8am final for my philosophy class and I woke up, looked at the clock and it said 8:30... oh no! I jumped out of bed and started flying around the room and trying to figure out what I was going to do... in that process before I even knew what was going on Jenn had gotten up, put on flip flops and was standing at the door of the apartment ready to take me to campus. Now, that doesn't seem like much, but she'd been up late studying and was planning on sleeping in and actually got me to the final about 15 minutes earlier than I would have driving myself because I would have had to park and walk across campus... Anyways, thanks for being a friend Jenn and I am so happy I got to be a part of your wonderful wedding :)
They got married in Atlanta, so it was also a fun excuse to get back down south and into Atlanta for some fun times with friends. We all got into town on Thursday evening and started the weekend off right with a bachelorette party :) and lingerie shower ;)
Here's the bride to be...
It ended up being a pretty low key night, but it was a lot of fun and ended with some pole dancing in the rain :)
Group shot after we danced our way back to the hotel in the rain.
The next day we had a wonderful lunch with some amazingly good food!
Here are the Tech girls with our bags Jenn so kindly got for us :) I also owe Jenn for introducing me to these girls, our second year we lived with different people on opposite sides of campus and Jenn met the rest of them... and from there we became "the roommates" :)
Then it was time for a little pampering with manicures and pedicures... thanks Mrs. Smith!!
Rehearsal Dinner... delicious food at Parkers on Ponce :)
Self portraits at the rehearsal dinner...
And portraits of self portraits...
And finally... wedding day! The Schesslers! Riding on the Tech Trolley over to the reception site. Isn't she a beautiful bride?!?
The full wedding party at the reception.
And the required / obligatory girls dance... we have made certain "Traditions" through the 2 weddings that have occured within the 5 roommates, and this is one of them...
Much congratulations to Greg and Jenn and I wish you much happiness throughout the years.
Can't wait to see everyone again soon!





No comments:
Post a Comment