Mom and Dad came to visit! I was very excited to see them and get to spend time with them as well as introducing them to my life in Alaska and show them what day in and day out what its like to live here... plus these are my first visitors since I lived here.
We tried to go hiking in my favorite Chugach Mountains but it was raining / snowing, so we headed up to Hatcher's Pass and the old gold mine called Independence Mine.
Here's a beautiful shot of the mining area and Hatcher's Pass... we found the snow :)
And mom and dad enjoying the weather!
Hiking with my daddy :)
Some extra beautiful pictures of the mine area and mountains.
Large diesel engine and mountains... my own little playground!
Mom and I got confused and thought we were at Disney World and tried to ride the Run Away Mine Train...
That didn't turn out to be such a great idea though :)
There are still some of the old bunkhouses and other apartments and what not you can look through windows to see what life was like. A pretty neat little snap shot in time.
And, on the way home we saw mom and dad's first moose!
Once we got back to the house I pulled out my first salmon from the fishing season and cooked it up for dinner... so delicious. A great start to the visit!
They headed down on to the Kenai Peninsula for a few days while I work, but I get next weekend with them too, so come back for other updates...
No comments:
Post a Comment