Last weekend was the start of the Alaska State Fair in Palmer, AK which is about an hour north of Anchorage.
The fair was awesome, even though it was slightly cold and windy. Lots of food and booths and of course giant vegetables!
And of course, a beautiful view of the mountains!
We bought ourselves beautiful ribbon crowns! Aren't we beautiful.
Thats me, Kalen, Anna and Ginger... the 4 of us are in one little cube area at work... hah, the ridiculousness that ensues :)
And, this picture just makes me laugh...
Then we went to the demolition derby! My car won!
Yo Ho! We also made it to the lumberjack show... you know, to watch men doing manly things!
Then the next weekend Ross and I went again, this time with his friends and their kids... I didn't take many pictures, but I got suckered into riding the rides with the 6 year old girl... Here's Karlie and I on the swings.
Now, finally on to the most important part of the fair, and what I was SO excited for... The VEGETABLES! The Alaska state fair is known for its displays of giant vegetables, because they grow really large with all the extra sunlight in the summer! Check out the 800lb pumpkin and the 80lb cabbage!
My first experience of the state fair was fantastic and I can't wait for more!
No comments:
Post a Comment