On our way home from Seward on the 4th we made a quick side stop to Exit Glacier which is in Kenai Fjords National Park.
Exit Glacier was amazing! And it was perfect weather while we were there! Here is a distant view of the Glacier from the outwash area.
You could walk right up next to it! It was pretty awe inspiring to be so close, and have a better understanding for how huge it is!
We even snuck down off the trail so we could actually touch it! Here I am for a slightly better perspective of how massive it is.
Then we found a spot where you could walk out on it... it wasn't slippery, but I was still pretty nervous out there and was glad when I safely jumped off!
The view the other way at the outwash area of the glacier. Absolutely breathtaking!
And of course... kids will always be kids... here's the whole group, skipping rocks :) It was myself, Ginger, her husband Danny, his sister and brother-in-law, Ginger's sister and a couple of her friends.
What a fantastic day!
Those glaciers look scary. Be careful. I AM GLAD THAT YOU WERE OFF SAFELY.
ReplyDelete