Before I was quite ready for a real hike, there was an absolutely gorgeous day, so Libby and I went and walked powerline pass since its pretty flat etc. and took some pictures.
Libby needed a water break.
But, now I'm finally able to get back out there, and have tried to get some good miles in before summer is over... yes, it is getting colder quickly and the sun is setting earlier... I actually have to turn lights on in the house now :(
First one off the bat, another co-worker Kalen and I, headed up Little O'Malley again... this was the hike I sprained my ankle on, so I was excited to do it again.
Here's a picture of the tuft of grass I fell off of causing the sprain and the crutches.
Just call me grace... :) Fortunately, this time, Libby and I made it up with no incidents!
Kalen also brough her dog Mocha... here's all 4 of us with Anchorage behind us.
And of course, found some more pretty wildflowers, so I had to stop for a picture.
The next day, we went down to Girdwood to hike the Winner Creek Gorge trail... It starts off on part of the historic Iditarod Trail. The race these days, however, starts north of here.
To get over the Gorge they've built a "hand tram" which is a cage you get in with ropes and pulleys and pull yourself across over the Gorge. Lucky for us, there were lots of people around with guys doing all the pulling for us :)
Here are 2 other people riding the hand tram.
And just a pretty view of the creek!
Finally, just a picture of the view of Turnagain Arm while Libby and I were out for a walk a couple days ago.
I'm a lucky girl!




No comments:
Post a Comment